Friday

Lesbian music star Jennifer Knapp comes back

Actually the headline as originally published read "Christian music star Jennifer Knapp comes back and comes out".

I can truthfully say that I have no clue who Jennifer Knapp is and I absolutely do not care who or what she sleeps with. What irks me about this is the fact that tripe like this is news at all.

Were it not for the fact that Knapp was allegedly a Christian the media could care less if she were a lesbian. The title to the original article says it all. The only salient point to CNN seems to be the fact that she was a "Christian" music star turned gay. If Knapp were simply making a comeback I imagine the news would have amounted to a blurb buried beneath the fold.

Major media outlets publish stories like this to further an agenda. Nothing more; nothing less and certainly for nothing so noble as the truth. There seems to be a need to legitimize the homosexual lifestyle. No, that's not exactly it. There seems to be a need to mainstream the homosexual lifestyle. The truth is most of us could care less what a person does or with whom as long as it does not directly affect us.

I can't remember the last headline that read "Christian music star declares they are straight". If there were such a headline I would consider it to be tripe as well.

People grumble that sexuality is a private matter and then plaster their sex lives all over the news wires. When someone comments on it those same people become indignant stating "its a personal matter". Either it is or it isn't but I would certainly be happy if you would pick one.

I would be ecstatic if the sexual orientation of celebrities was a private matter. I don't care whether they are straight or gay. I am tolerant of "alternative" life styles I just would prefer that they not dominate the news. For a group of people who preaches "live and let live" they seem to indulge in a great deal of straight bashing.

I believe homosexuality is wrong. That belief is based more on pragmatism than religion; you cannot procreate if you are both of the same sex. Of course I also grew up putting the square peg in the square hole and the round peg in the round hole. Maybe the two are related.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear she's a Christian. That kind of lifestyle needs a good rock to lean on.

    Musical Instruments
    MXR Effects

    ReplyDelete

Be respectful or be deleted. Your choice.