Friday

Digg/Reddit/Yahoo and Twitter Dominated by Liberals.

Upropit

As a conservative trying to spread the word I have posted articles of a conservative nature on most of the popular Social Media Sites. Digg, Reddit, Yahoo Buzz and Twitter to name just a few. What I have found is that these sites are as dominated by liberal activists as the main stream media.

That's not to say that there are not conservatives on these sites, there are, what I am saying is their voices are buried. Anyone who has submitted a right leaning story on Digg can attest to the fact that it is quickly buried and the comment section becomes  filled with ad hominem attacks against the submitter.

After searching to find a site where conservative stories would get a fair chance to be heard I came up empty handed. That left me to blog happily along with no alternative but to play their game.

I came accross a couple of sites were at least it was possible to reach the front page if only  infrequently. Sites like Shoutwire.com and Bloggersbase.com were somewhat more accessible to a conservative viewpoint but far less trafficked than the larger sites.

Finally, frustrated that I could not find a venue where the conservative side of the story could be told, I took on the task of creating a site where that was possible.

Given a limited budget and an awe inspiring lack of programming ability I struggled along for some time. I think it was worth the effort and  I finally put together a site where conservatism can thrive. Upropit is the fruit of my labor.

Upropit is in its infancy and like every infant it will need help to grow. I will need the help of each and every one of my dedicated readers to ensure that this project survives and maybe even flourishes. I encourage you to scour the internet for great conservative articles and submit there. Tell other conservatives you know about Upropit and encourage them to submit conservative news, humor and opinion.

Together we can create a place where the conservative voice is no longer buried beneath the din of liberal activists. 

Upropit

5 comments:

  1. Heh.

    Yup, democracy's a bitch, ain't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Twitter has more conservatives than liberals on it:

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/17/gop-jumps-on-tech-bandwagon-to-rival-obama/

    #tcot

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am agree with you. Social Popular Media Sites are dominated by liberal activists as the main stream media.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Social media Sites are dominated by liberal activists as the main stream media. This is true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's not to say that there are not conservatives on these sites, there are, what I am saying is their voices are buried. Anyone who has submitted a right leaning story on REDDIT can attest to the fact that it is quickly buried and the comment section becomes filled with ad hominid attacks against the submitter.

    Comment By :

    Executive Suites
    Provider

    ReplyDelete

Be respectful or be deleted. Your choice.