Friday

Joe Biden: ‘We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt’


I truly love Joe Biden. Of all of the vice presidents who have served during my lifetime he is the most entertaining. I know deep down inside that every time he speaks Obama develops a new ulcer. It seems that soon Obama’s full time job will be refuting or correcting what Biden has said.

Of all the Obama attacks dogs out there Biden is the most dangerous. When he makes absurd statements like the following headline they fly in the face of reason and common sense.

Joe Biden: ‘We Have to Go Spend Money to Keep From Going Bankrupt’

Is there anyone outside the liberal inner circle who thinks that makes a bit of sense? It’s like saying “quick, I need to give blood before I bleed to death” or “I have to drink some more beer so I can sober up”. Of course that may actually make sense to a drunk as I have more than one claim to have drunk themselves sober.

In any case, drunken logic not withstanding, the following is an article I found online that illustrates just how incompetent this administrations number two guy is. Article excerpts in bold and commons sense responses in…. not bold.

Thursday, July 16, 2009
By Penny Starr, Senior Staff Writer

(CNSNews.com) – Vice President Joe Biden told people attending an AARP town hall meeting that unless the Democrat-supported health care plan becomes law the nation will go bankrupt and that the only way to avoid that fate is for the government to spend more money.

Boy, when they grab a catchphrase they hold on with both hands. Everything they do is apparently designed to keep the nation from going bankrupt. Funny, I always thought spending more than you have is what caused that to happen.

“And folks look, AARP knows and the people with me here today know, the president knows, and I know, that the status quo is simply not acceptable,” Biden said at the event on Thursday in Alexandria, Va. “It’s totally unacceptable. And it’s completely unsustainable. Even if we wanted to keep it the way we have it now. It can’t do it financially.”

“We’re going to go bankrupt as a nation,” Biden said.

I would agree with Biden if I thought he was referring to his administrations policies. His last statement is the one thing we agree upon. I imagine we differ on the impetus behind our impending bankruptcy though.

“Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’” Biden said. “The answer is yes, that's what I’m telling you.”


I am willing to bet that people frequently ask “What are you talking about Joe?” I imagine that only God knows for sure what Biden is talking about; nobody else, including Biden, has a clue.


The event, sponsored by the AARP – which supports the Obama administration’s plan – was attended by mostly AARP members who were bussed in for the meeting.

Biden told the group that the Obama health plan will not eliminate people’s ability to choose their health care insurance and that people who cannot afford insurance will be covered by the plan. “They’ll be a deal in there so there’s competition, so what you’ll have in there is you’ll have the ability to go in there and say, ‘Now look, this is the policy I want. This is the one,” Biden said.


Yes, it’s a lot like three card Monty; no matter which plan you pick you lose. Same old shell game just the stakes have increased. I hope these seniors understand that they will be the first to suffer under rationed health care. I hope with that tidbit in mind they think real hard about supporting this administrations “health scare” plan.


“And those people who can’t afford to get in there, up to a certain income, we’re going to subsidize them, you get in there and we’ll help you pay for it,” Biden said.

I wonder if he means that He will help pay for it or the taxpayers will. (No, really, I know what he means I was just fantasizing for a moment.)


After opening remarks by Biden and AARP CEO A. Barry Rand, the audience asked questions, which were fielded by Biden, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius and Nancy Ann DeParle, director of the White House Office of Health Reform.

Our best hope to defeat Obama’s radical agenda is to invite Biden to speak at every public event we can and make sure someone has a camera handy. He’s not just his own worse enemy; he’s Obama’s as well.



The video of Biden performing his stand up routine:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful or be deleted. Your choice.