Friday

Joe Isuzu = Obama? (On the lighter side)



I wonder how many of you were old enough to remember Joe Isuzu. Joe Isuzu was a fictional spokesman used in a series of television advertisements for Isuzu from 1986 to 1990. Joe Isuzu was a pathological liar who told outrageous and overinflated claims about Isuzu’s cars.

When I watch Obama, Biden, Dodd, Franks and Pelosi I can’t help but wonder if they are all related to good ole Joe. Their claims seem to be at least as outrageous as the claims Joe Isuzu made. A few of Joe's more memorable quotes were:

"You have my word on it.”

“If I’m lying, may lightning hit my mother.” (“Good luck, Mom!” appears on screen!)

“It has more seats than the Astrodome!”

“Hi, I’m Joe Isuzu and I used my new Isuzu pickup truck to carry a 2,000 pound cheeseburger.”

“The Isuzu Impulse: faster than a speeding—[catches a bullet in his teeth]—well, you know.”

Any of these sound familiar? Obama with his long line of broken campaign promises reminds me of Joe’s “You have my word on it”. We knew Joe was full of crap and now we know the same about Obama.

“If I’m lying, may lightning hit my mother”. Is there anyone out there right now who would want to be the mother of any of these morons? They have lied and misdirected the American people almost every time they have opened their mouths. Dodd couldn’t seem to remember he inserted the text in the stimulus that allowed for AIG’s bonuses to stand when CNN asked him about it. Pelosi quoted job losses at 5 million a month when they were 500,000. Obama was going to change the way Washington worked. Biden, well, Biden is just an idiot. Mom! Hurry duck!

“It has more seats than the astrodome” reminds me of Obama’s “jobs created or saved” statement regarding the stimulus bill that he never read. Never mind the fact that the Congressional Budget Office has revised his numbers down by about a million, he still uses the same fictitious numbers he started with.

They may not be carrying a 2000 pound cheeseburger in an Isuzu truck but they have strapped a 2000 pound gorilla to the backs of the American taxpayers and we aren’t too damn happy about it.

The Obama administration: Spins faster than a speeding, well you know. Well that pretty much says it all. If you are incapable of telling the truth you must be a master of spin. If nothing else they are good at that. The country as we know it may be circling the drain but we would never know it as long as we’re “spinning” down the drain with it.

I hope that this administration will go the way of Joe Isuzu and quietly fade into the annals of history faster than a speeding (well you know), returning only for the occasional “where are they now” segment. At the very least maybe we can convince network executives to put the "He's lying" disclaimer at the bottom of the screen. We can hope, can’t we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful or be deleted. Your choice.