Monday

A bit hypocritical don't ya think.



I was watching Nick with my children and noticed that they were running a PSA depicting the daily life or President Obama. I thought to myself that's a good idea, let the children get a inside view of the human aspect of a world leader. It seemed innocuous enough, until I remembered that they ran no such PSA's for Bush. I would imagine that were Obama to lose in 2012 to a conservative candidate that we would see an end to these type of PSA's on Nick. It just burns me that there is such a cult like following to such an unproven commodity. It's not that Obama's election as the first black president is not a historical event, I just think he should do something notable before we deify him. I should not be surprised. I took the time to look and see who the parent company of Nick was. Big surprise here, Viacom. They own some other notable companies like Comedy Central, Logo, BET, Spike, TV Land, at Nite, Noggin, The N, Nick Jr., TEENick, MTV, VH1, MTV2, CMT, Paramount Pictures, DreamWorks, Republic Pictures et al. Some of which are not known for their emphasis on conservative values. They have a direct line to our nations youth. I am all for informing the youth but I have a real issue with indoctrinating the youth. I will officially apologize when Viacom gives "equal" treatment to conservatives. I have to tell you though, I don't ever think I will need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be respectful or be deleted. Your choice.